Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The Balance Between School and Climbing

It's hard. It's really that simple. Maintaining the delicate balance that is school and climbing (tagged with 30 hours of work a week) is grueling. Honestly, in the end, you will have to ditch classes to take advantage of a nice day... I mean, come on, it's Colorado. You have no idea what's gonna happen tomorrow - go for today.
First off: Get in a routine! Get it sorted out when you have time for training, work, homework, and school, and stick to it. Hit the gym after work or between classes, it helps! (and it's fun!)

Second: Always, ALWAYS give yourself 1 full day to climb outside a week. I promise, your week is going to run so much smoother and better when you have something - like sending?! - to look forward to.

Second and a half: Morning climb! If your gym offers a morning session, hop on it! What better way to start the day than with climbing?

Third: Don't try and study at the crag...it's not going to help. You won't study. I promise. And if you try, you're not climbing...which is why you're out in the first place! So set aside time for climbing AND studying separately! As much as you think you'll get done while trying your project and studying during burns, it most likely won't happen... I mean, give it a shot! But from personal experience (and my attention span of a premature squirrel), I can't do it.

Fourth: I think that's about it... pretty much time management! Just get good at it - it helps!


No comments:

Post a Comment